Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to relocate a false black widow spider? (Arachnophobe here)

Options
  • 03-08-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

So I have this spider living outside my bedroom window. It's holding me hostage because before I even knew what it was I knew I did NOT want that thing in my house! I won't open my window now in case it will get in!

Photos attached. Apparently it's a false widow spider (sorry about the title, I'm a little confused as to it's actual name!). I really REALLY don't want that thing in my apartment! :eek:

It's living at the very bottom corner of my window. I can't get at it myself (even if I wanted to!!) because of the way my windows open. I'm also on the first floor of the house so can't reach the outside of the window that way. I also think it's living in a crack in the bricks because sometimes I can't see it. Just when I think it's safe i.e gone and it might be ok to open the window, I see it again. I'm trapped! :P

How can I get rid of it? Is there someone I can call? (Please don't say Ghostbusters :pac:).

I'd really like to be able to open my window.

As an aside, I did get a really awesome video of the spider killing a fly that got caught in it's web! I don't know why I was so fascinated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I normally pick up house spiders and throw them out the window... I wouldn't be picking that up.

The thing about spiders is that they multiply. Chances are it's not alone and is settled in among the other houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I normally pick up house spiders and throw them out the window... I wouldn't be picking that up.

The thing about spiders is that they multiply. Chances are it's not alone and is settled in among the other houses.

:(

It's outside already thankfully, but I want it to not get inside the house!

Is there an anrachid society or something I can call to come get it?!

Advertisement