Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Challenge 162: Abandoned buildings

Options
  • 03-08-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

So this challenge will be Abandoned buildings, inside or outside, anything from a closed down corner shop to old church ruins.

Have fun:)

Rules:
    -Closing Date is 2 weeks from now - that is Monday 17th August at 8pm.
    - Only photos taken with this challenge in mind qualify. Therefore the photo must be taken between now(10.00am on 3/8/2015 )and 8pm on 17/8/2015 and so no 'old ' photos are to be used.
    -The photo must be taken by the person submitting it.
    -Only one photo per post, but submit as many posts as you like.
    -The next task/subject is to be chosen by the person who has the most thanks after their post at the closing date/time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Quiet time of the year.... so just to get the ball rolling

20180702318_de2a0a8f86_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jonathan mark

great idea but i am noticing its harder to find abandoned buildings in the 1970's their seemed to be loads of them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

great idea but i am noticing its harder to find abandoned buildings in the 1970's their seemed to be loads of them:)

Ask pullandbang where to find them!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Urbex is one of my favourite things to do. Very hard to find a good abandoned building though.

Anyway, this is my second visit back to this abandoned swimming pool. It's condition has deteriorated more in the last two years.

357917.jpg

Eerie hallway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

So hard to get exposure good enough inside in the dark. The light around the window is overblown.

357960.jpg

Death from above

Thanks Logie-1 for giving me the incentive to visit this building which is literally 10 minutes from my front door - but which I have never visited before in 17 years of living here.

The Wonderful Barn ( cylindrical building on the left of photo).

20416337272_5349252e86_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Knock Mills, Scurlockstown, Trim

20418023172_65a008de9b_z.jpg

20424263812_54ca39e921_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Stellaluna

Urbex is one of my favourite things to do. Very hard to find a good abandoned building though.

Anyway, this is my second visit back to this abandoned swimming pool. It's condition has deteriorated more in the last two years.

Did you see it when it was full of core samples?

I was passing by the entrance to this place( it's about 800m off the main road and blocked off) this evening at about 8.45pm when I noticed the light.
    Had the camera in the boot so just ran!

19846743383_9975a6187e_b.jpg

Had never been to this place before this Challenge and now twice in 2 days!

Edit

Here is the Wikipedia link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_Barn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭ratracer

keps wrote: »
    I was passing by the entrance to this place( it's about 800m off the main road) this evening at about 8.45pm when I noticed the light.
    Had the camera in the boot so just ran!

19846743383_9975a6187e_b.jpg

Had never been to this place before this Challenge and now twice in 2 days!

Edit

Here is the Wikipedia link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_Barn

That's an amazing building, such a waste!

ratracer wrote: »
    That's an amazing building, such a waste!

Yeah - was reading there lately where KCC spend approx €100k p.a. to a private security firm to 'secure' the place from vandalism.

Crazy stuff:mad:

Here is a photo --apparently from the Lawrence Collection of the Wonderful Barn c1900

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Wonderful_Barn_NLI_photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jonathan mark

the barn totally detracts form the house what a mess...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Fearanpoist

20596129362_673052c0cf_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

This is something i do usually a couple times a month go to abandoned building taking pictures.
    This is just a few minutes drive from limerick city, it's called Dromore castle
    20448035678_93ec61e441_c.jpg1-DSC_0698-001

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

First of all I would like to thank everyone who took part in this challenge.

Well do Keps for another win.

'Thanks Logie-1 for giving me the incentive to visit this building which is literally 10 minutes from my front door - but which I have never visited before in 17 years of living here.'

This is what I believe the challenge is all about, we can lose or mojo at times or just get lazy but, the challenge helps to get things going again.

Keps has contacted me to ask that if he won would the person who had the second most votes do the honours for the next challenge as he is away for a few days. Well that honour goes to chewed, well done.

So if you don't mind, then its over to you:)

Cheers Logie-1. Well done to keps.

I'll set up a new challenge now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement