Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to upgrade macbook pro hard drive

Options
  • 02-08-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

I have a late 2009 model macbook pro 13" 250 gig, i need to upgrade hard drive, have already upgraded memory to 8 gig. Am looking for suggestions, should i go sshd or just normal hdd, was thinking of Seagate 1TB SSHD 2.5" SATAIII.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I have that SSHD, made more of an improvement to the speed&performance than doubling the ram did (went form 4 to 8). I'd recommend it, you could invest in a SSD but I'd rather save the money and just buy a new Mac in a while then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Is the SSHD the hybrid one? Could you not just get a normal SSD and a thunderbolt external drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Dunno what your solution cost, but a 1tb SSHD cost about £65. I wasn't prepared to spend about £300 (more when I got mine) on a 1tb SSD to upgrade a 4 year old MacBook Pro. I wouldn't use ext drives except for backups, not against them just defeats the purpose of a portable device.

Advertisement