Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public/ bank holidays

Options
  • 02-08-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I work part time in the betting industry. 3 days a week, no set days, any days between monday and sunday. I average 21 hours a week. Could somebody please explain to me clearly what my entitlements are regarding bank holiday pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Look at citizensinformation.ie you are entitled to a certain amount of pay depending on the hours you worked in the 13 weeks before the bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mary anne magee

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Look at citizensinformation.ie you are entitled to a certain amount of pay depending on the hours you worked in the 13 weeks before the bank holiday.

Thanks
    Im just a bit confused as I thought I was entitled to a full day pay or a day in lieu but my company has told me im only entitled to 3/5 of a days pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

That would be about right, working part time wouldn't entitle you to the full day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If you've worked a total of 40 hours or more in the five weeks before the public holiday, you're entitled to 1/5 of your average weekly wage, so about 4ish hours if you do 21 hours a week normally.

If you're in for the day, double time, or a paid day off in lieu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mary anne magee

If you've worked a total of 40 hours or more in the five weeks before the public holiday, you're entitled to 1/5 of your average weekly wage, so about 4ish hours if you do 21 hours a week normally.

If you're in for the day, double time, or a paid day off in lieu.

Thank you jenny. I was just a bit confused on the matter. I thought I got a full day pay if I didnt work it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement