Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot find new book by an Irish author...

Options
  • 02-08-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

There's a new book by a Rory Campbell that came out recently, published by Killiney Hill Press, called "Walking-Class Heroes?". ISBN is 9780993243400.

Amazon don't have much info on it at all. What has me really baffled is that I can't find the publisher contact details, hoping to find from them directly who is retailing it.

Nor can I find the author, on Facebook or otherwise.

Is the book just not published yet? Has my mother-in-law sent me on a wild goose chase!?

Appreciate any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrNuyenVanFaulk

Sorry: my main problem is that I can't anywhere that sells it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

According to this tweet in late June Taylor Galleries had some copies. Perhaps contact them and see if they still do or ask if they know where else might have copies.

Failing that perhaps contact the various press who reviewed it and see if they are willing to part with their copy. It looks likes it was a small print run and I doubt it's going to be available online.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaylorGalleries/status/613663782313807872

• Registered Users Posts: 20 HenryCrun

Probably self-published. The ISBN is 978-0-9932434-0-0 (publisher number is 9932354, book number is 0, so it is probably the first book from this publisher).

Blackwell's bookshop doesn't have it in stock, but according to their website the publisher is based in Redcross (Co. Wicklow).

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrNuyenVanFaulk

Excellent! Thank you both for the leads!

Advertisement