Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Make surrounding area transparent in Adobe Illustrator

Options
  • 02-08-2015 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Ok so I am making a t-shirt for my girlfriend which is in the shape of a heart. Inside the heart are square images. The pictures near the outer part of the heart shape are poking out past the outline so I have made a number of white rectangle shapes to hide these.

The image has been saved as a eps file but the boxes still appear. I have tried using the pathfinder tool to make the images inside the heart one shape but have been unsuccessful.

Could someone please tell me the best method for accomplishing what I need. I take it Pathfinder is the best way to go about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Dropping the white objects on top was a bad idea.
    You'll need to use a clipping mask.

Advertisement