Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend RTE News Bulletins - shot from smaller set

Options
  • 01-08-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭

I watching this bulletin now and it's not in their regular studio; it is in their cso studio. Why is this happening at all?

There is a film on a break now called The Golden Compass which is on 5:30pm to 8:00pm.

Does this move make any significant difference to the RTE News output at weekends during the summer?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Usually a CSO studio indicated they are doing work on the set, but RTE News only got a rebrand last year so it can't be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

No updates on Twitter or Facebook as of yet anyway.

I don't believe this. The cso set is happening on tonight's main evening news as well. :eek:

Good thing I changed the thread title now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't believe this. The cso set is happening on tonight's main evening news as well. :eek:

Good thing I changed the thread title now.

Summer months?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SalthillHead

Going HD

• Advertisement

l

going hd?

going hd?

I though the main news set was already HD

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

I've seen pictures posted on twitter by lynsey kiely an editor with rte news that she often posts just before they go on air with a bulletin and that studio they are using is tiny , not saying studio 3 is massive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

brick man wrote: »
    I've seen pictures posted on twitter by lynsey kiely an editor with rte news that she often posts just before they go on air with a bulletin and that studio they are using is tiny , not saying studio 3 is massive either.

It isnt, but its not as small as 6, 7 and 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭formerly scottish paddy

Summer maintenance: lighting rig etc checked and PAT testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JamesyBelfast

Summer maintenance: lighting rig etc checked and PAT testing.

Pat Kenny? He moved to UTV-Ireland - so it can't be anything to do with him.

Pat Kenny? He moved to UTV-Ireland - so it can't be anything to do with him.

Ego testing named after pat kenny AFAIK

Studio 3 back in action for 3pm news on news now

Studio 3 looked noticeably brighter & sharper in HD for the 6.1 news today.

Studio 3 looked noticeably brighter & sharper in HD for the 6.1 news today.

I thought it looked in HD alright it looked much clearer and sharper and brighter as u say

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭formerly scottish paddy

Maybe they have converted Studio 3 to HD, they have a programme running at the moment to convert all studios in the TV centre to HD, a total of 32 HD cameras have been ordered: http://svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/world-cup-broadcasting-rte-moves-to-full-hd-with-new-studio-cameras/

Advertisement