Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving a newly signed training contract

Options
  • 31-07-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

If someone were to sign a three year training contract and then decide the day after or a week after to just leave, could that individual then attempt to sign another contract with another firm? Can contracts be used to hold individuals in a role and prevent them from signing an additional contract with a different firm?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well first of all I seriously doubt any firm would want to have someone around who does not want to be there, so I'm sure you'd be able to walk away fairly easily if you wanted to do so. Training contract usually have to be registered with the supervising accounting body, so there would may be some admin work to do to clean things up but that is all.

As for joining a new firm, I'd imagine the main thing would be whether or not they'd want to take you on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FullGasCycle

Move before the firm pays your fees.

Advertisement