Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Execution only,no advice AVC's.Does anybody know about this?

Options
  • 31-07-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there have been many threads on AVC's but am not sure if anyone has talked about the above termed Execution only,no advice AVC's.

So here's my query. I should be able to retire in about 7 years. Because I spent years out of the country I am missing loads of service so am trying to counter that by buying back 10 years on the notional service scheme. However I will still only manage about 30-33 year on retirement as I want to go sooner rather than later.

At the moment I can manage to save about 150€ per month in the credit union,but I am now thinking of putting that into AVC's. But the regular AVC costs €450 to set up so hardly worth it for my small savings over 7 years. So the other alternative is this Execution only,no Advice, which is exactly what it says on the tin. It's free or very cheap [not sure] to set up,you just fill out a form,payable by direct debit and you must claim the tax relief yourself. But there is no advice whatsoever. I have just rung Cornmarket and they confirmed as such.They were not allowed to tell me anything about it.

So I'm here to see if I can get any advice on the sly. Any information at all would be a help.Am I throwing good money after bad? Anyone out there who has done it,perhaps?

Thanks guys. :)

Comments

Advertisement