Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hiring classics

Options
  • 31-07-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I've seen loads of classics in ads recently and the tv and movie scene seems to be
    going well with Ardmore studios expanding etc.

So the obvious question ... is their any business to be had in classic car hire and what kinds of rates are typical?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,930 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If it's anything like what these wannabe extras are so crazy to do I would think it would involve very little money and a lot of hanging around a set. They movie people probably have their own sets of contacts that they hire period cars from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I had a car in a film once. Back in '95 the rate was £150 per day. Good money back then.

Blue cars are especially sought after. Black cars can reflect the film crew in the paintwork, Red ones don't contrast well with surroundings on film, etc....

Writing this post I'm trying to get my head round the fact that 1995 was 20 years ago!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭crunchy62

"Writing this post I'm trying to get my head round the fact that 1995 was 20 years ago!"

Oh man! I feel your pain!

£150 wasn't too bad back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,103 ✭✭✭✭unkel

To put it into perspective: in 1995 the average starting salary for someone with a bachelors degree was £11k gross and taxes were far higher than they are now. £150 was a tidy sum back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jurga78

Hi, maybe you could help me? I'm looking for a classic self drive hire for a day ( Capri, Mustang or similar), haven't got much luck searching online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement