Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula for Picking Rates

Options
  • 30-07-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I am trying to do a formula within excel to find out Picking rates within a Warehouse to measure the picking team,
    I know it is normally done by cases picked within a shift then divide by hours spent on the picking task
    eg 1000 cases picked in 8 hour shift equates to pick rate 125 cases an hour,
    Examples belowIssue I have is eg

Pick 1. 70 cases 50 products(50 Lines) on the order which means the picker must go to 50 locations to pick the order, time taken 50 minutes.

Pick 2. 70 cases 5 products (5 Lines) on order which means picker must go to 5 locations to pick order, time taken 10 minutes .

What formula can I use that will take into account cases picked and also the amount of Lines on the order so all is equal when doing the pick rate measure,

Picker A. may pick 500 cases that day and pick 400 Lines

Picker B. my pick 1400 cases that day and pick 110 Lines ,

So how to get the perfect formula ?

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

you need to determine a difficulty multiplier.

So for each additional lane the multiplier might be 0.1

50 minutes / (50 lanes * 0.1) = 10 minutes

Only you can come up with the difficulty multiplier

Picker A. may pick 500 cases that day and pick 400 Lines

500 cases / (400 * 0.1) = 12.5

Picker B. my pick 1400 cases that day and pick 110 Lines ,

1400 cases / (110 *0.1) = 127

Lowest score wins. I dunno. I'm tired. Haha

Advertisement