Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Button Factory: Over 18 Concert

Options
  • 30-07-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I am planning on going to see Chelsea Wolfe in the Button Factory but I will only be 17 at the time of the concert. Does anybody know how strict they are on checking IDs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Every licensed venue will instruct the doormen to check id on anyone who vaguely looks like they may be underage. Any reports of a particular venue being stricter than another is never based on the policy of the venue but on a very small number of personal experiences people will have had. These are pretty much useless to determine if you will get in or not as they'll have depended on a lot of factors that they were probably not aware of at the time and will probably not be the same for when you are trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Toast wrote: »
    Every licensed venue will instruct the doormen to check id on anyone who vaguely looks like they may be underage. Any reports of a particular venue being stricter than another is never based on the policy of the venue but on a very small number of personal experiences people will have had. These are pretty much useless to determine if you will get in or not as they'll have depended on a lot of factors that they were probably not aware of at the time and will probably not be the same for when you are trying.

Yeah, I believe the smaller venues like the button factory would be even more difficult to get into so I'm not going to risk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

It is a shame that people miss out on such great gigs so that they can sell me alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

symbolic wrote: »
    It is a shame that people miss out on such great gigs so that they can sell me alcohol.

Exactly, I don't see why it can't be like the Olympia where you're carded on the way up to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

Planning on getting into Enslaved and Grand Magus in the Button factory. I'll be using a cousins ID who I look alike, I have never tried using it before, I really hope it works and I will devastated if I get turned down, even though I'll be getting tickets on the door not in advance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement