Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edge Of Darkness.(1985)

Options
  • 30-07-2015 10:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember this brilliant BBC thriller about nuclear cover ups?When this mini-series was first broadcast I was too young to stay up and watch it but I did see one episode late one night,the one where spolier alert the IRA man enters Cravens house to kill him.I only saw it in full recently when I got the DVD.Brilliant series from start to finish with the late Bob Peck fantastic in the lead role.I haven't seen the more recent remake with Mel Gibson but by all accounts its not very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

darkdubh wrote: »
    Anyone remember this brilliant BBC thriller about nuclear cover ups?When this mini-series was first broadcast I was too young to stay up and watch it but I did see one episode late one night,the one where spolier alert the IRA man enters Cravens house to kill him.I only saw it in full recently when I got the DVD.Brilliant series from start to finish with the late Bob Peck fantastic in the lead role.I haven't seen the more recent remake with Mel Gibson but by all accounts its not very good.

I have them both and can't speak highly enough about them. The series was very British and the movie very American - a vehicle for Mel Gibson but excellent despite that. Get it if you can and you won't be a bit disappointed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Out of interest does anyone know the date it was broadcast on RTE originally,which is where I saw that one episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Haven't seen the American one but the BBC one was good.

I re-watched it when BBC4 repeated it last year.

Advertisement