Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schemes of Work ( English)

Options
  • 29-07-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering how much do you plan over the holidays? The first term? A yearly sketch? I've nothing secured for September yet, and have no idea where i'll be teaching, or what textbooks i'll be using, if any.

I'd love to have schemes sorted and resources etc before starting a job, but not knowing textbooks, class groups etc is hard. I'm always collecting ideas and bits and pieces to use in class as is.

Should I just go with the flow in Sept, or start getting broad schemes ready now?

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭janes1234

Heydeldel wrote:
    Just wondering how much do you plan over the holidays? The first term? A yearly sketch? I've nothing secured for September yet, and have no idea where i'll be teaching, or what textbooks i'll be using, if any.

Great to see your enthusiasm. Unfortunately if you don't know your classes or books it can be very hard. You could always gather resources for topics you know will be covered for jc or lc. Some teachers do work over the summer most do not as they have kids or commitments etc.

Advertisement