Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this rifle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Just looking for opinions on this rifle. It's a remington .223 VTR

As long as it is a 700 and not 710, it looks good to me.

I have a 700 SPS in 223 which is a tack driver.

The bolt handle looks nice too.

The trigger will probably come lawyer-proofed. That is, set at 8lbs, maybe more. However, some of the new triggers from Remington can be fantastic if you take the time to learn how to adjust them.

Will you ever want a moderator? If so, I doubt one will ever go on the VTR barrel.

Also, I think this model has a 1:9 twist whereas many 223's use a 1:12. The faster twist will allow more massive bullets to stabilize. Also, a plus for longer distances.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,372 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

FISMA. wrote: »
    As long as it is a 700 and not 710, it looks good to me.

I have a 700 SPS in 223 which is a tack driver.

The bolt handle looks nice too.

The trigger will probably come lawyer-proofed. That is, set at 8lbs, maybe more. However, some of the new triggers from Remington can be fantastic if you take the time to learn how to adjust them.

Will you ever want a moderator? If so, I doubt one will ever go on the VTR barrel.

Also, I think this model has a 1:9 twist whereas many 223's use a 1:12. The faster twist will allow more massive bullets to stabilize. Also, a plus for longer distances.
    Yeah it's a 700.

The moderator can go on according to the gun shop. They first remove the top 2 inches of the barrel which is the muzzle flash hider bit and thread it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

Internet reviews are hit and miss with the VTR as in some good and some bad. However a mate of mine has one and he thinks it's a great gun and loves it

And yes a moderator can be fitted to it

Internet reviews are hit and miss with the VTR as in some good and some bad. However a mate of mine has one and he thinks it's a great gun and loves it

And yes a moderator can be fitted to it

Was looking at the reviews alright and must of the issues seem to be with the .308 version but open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hi all

Just looking for opinions on this rifle. It's a remington .223 VTR
    http://www.remington.com/~/media/0227D17F034B4ECB89A2803ACFFC4E2A.ashx
    I'm adding this to my CZ .17 HMR as the 17 ain't up to the task of Mr Fox. Was mainly shooting rabbits upto now.

They are a great shooter in .223 but i think theres a version with no muzzle break . you cannot take the break off and if you want it to work with a mod you would have to remove it

• Advertisement

Ziggieire wrote: »
    They are a great shooter in .223 but i think theres a version with no muzzle break . you cannot take the break off and if you want it to work with a mod you would have to remove it

Yeah they saw that part of the barrel off and thread it then for a moderator

Advertisement