Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impressive

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea, IWC are great at the date complications. First time I ever heard of them TBH was back in the mid 80's reading a small ad in the Times concerning their new DaVinci. Was really impressed at the time.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I would love one of those.

Correction: I would love to be rich enough to be able to buy one of those.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Menas wrote: »
    Correction: I would love to be rich enough to be able to buy one of those.
    Ditto, then I'd go and buy a few other watches. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ditto, then I'd go and buy a few other watches. :D

I wonder if many of those who buy them do so out of love for watches or because it is a perceived status symbol.
    Terrible waste if it is the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Stunning,

But sooner or later they will have to stop copying Parnis watch designs :eek:;)

• Advertisement

Menas wrote: »
    I wonder if many of those who buy them do so out of love for watches or because it is a perceived status symbol.
    Terrible waste if it is the latter.
    Well M, the fact they have to point this out;

And when the movement finally does run down, the small seconds hand at 9 o’clock, which also shows whether the watch is running, comes to a standstill.

Would suggest it's not exactly aimed at people with even the slimmest understanding of a mechanical watch. The second hand runs, your watch is running, it stops, your watch has run down. No shít Sherlock. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well M, the fact they have to point this out;

And when the movement finally does run down, the small seconds hand at 9 o’clock, which also shows whether the watch is running, comes to a standstill.

Would suggest it's not exactly aimed at people with even the slimmest understanding of a mechanical watch. The second hand runs, your watch is running, it stops, your watch has run down. No shít Sherlock. :rolleyes:

Is it such people that "power reserve" complications on automatic watches are meant for? Never understood what the point of them is myself . . . if it's running, grand, if it's not, give it a shake!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

It's nice, I like the blue dial , the sub dials but I could never wear it. Why ?? Because the fella who decided on the order of the annual calendar display needs a slap in the head !! I couldnt spend good money on a watch that in the wrong order.... Who says August 25 Tuesday ? No one !
    At least swap the month and the day around to read "Tue 25 Aug" and then they would have had a really nice watch.

Oh and remove the Annual calendar wording from the dial also. It would make it a lot cleaner in my eyes.

Rant over :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

For that money, if I was looking for a calendar would prefer one of these
    http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/IE/en/watches/master-eight-days-perpetual/1618420#55click=version
    (Assuming it's in the €20k range?)
    I'd really like a patek Philippe perpetual, but given my general rule of not spending more than a months pay on anything I don't need, neither is likely to happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭893bet

bbbbb wrote: »
    For that money, if I was looking for a calendar would prefer one of these
    http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/IE/en/watches/master-eight-days-perpetual/1618420#55click=version
    (Assuming it's in the €20k range?)
    I'd really like a patek Philippe perpetual, but given my general rule of not spending more than a months pay on anything I don't need, neither is likely to happen :)

Think the rrp is around 24k euro.

It's is one of my grails (what ever that means) but I know I would never wear it.

One sold on TZ recently enough. Asking was 10k sterling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement