Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing windscreen rubbers and seals

Options
  • 28-07-2015 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks ,

Can anyone recommend a source please, who may undertake this job on a classic motor?

I have contacted Autoglass and another Windscreen centre but they only replace windscreens on modern cars:confused:

Advice please.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Hi Folks ,

Can anyone recommend a source please, who may undertake this job on a classic motor?

I have contacted Autoglass and another Windscreen centre but they only replace windscreens on modern cars:confused:

Advice please.

Many thanks

Do you mean they wont (because the don't have the glass) or they cannot (as in they've forgotten how to fit a windscreen)
    What car is it ? Cars had bonded glass back in the 50's, and some still have glass held in by weatherstrips today. I find it hard to believe they cannot do the job, unless they cannot supply the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Where are you and are you providing the glass and rubber?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Where are you and are you providing the glass and rubber?

Thank you for your reply , I am in the South though willing to travel. Yes I have acquired the seals from Sng Barat in Uk. I am just about to put my car back into storage until this "Summer Weather " passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Thank you for your reply , I am in the South though willing to travel. Yes I have acquired the seals from Sng Barat in Uk. I am just about to put my car back into storage until this "Summer Weather " passes.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

What car?

• Advertisement
Advertisement