Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone lost or stolen. IMEI?

Options
  • 28-07-2015 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

So my phone is gone, I had no tracking software etc on it and didn't set up any that might be on the device.

Can the guards find out the IMEI of the device by what sim (phone number) was in it?

Can the phone be tracked by IMEI? If I bring that to the Gardai can they track it using the IMEI? Or can they only block the phone using the IMEI?

I'd assume it was stolen as the sim was taken out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You did but probably didn't realise it...Were you signed into Google or Facebook on the phone, Google location tracker should have some information on it if you were....just Google the same and log in.

All you can do with an imei is blacklist it so nobody can use it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

You did but probably didn't realise it...Were you signed into Google or Facebook on the phone, Google location tracker should have some information on it if you were....just Google the same and log in.

All you can do with an imei is blacklist it so nobody can use it

Nope, barely used apps on it. I had location turned off in Google settings.

If I gave the Guards my phone number could they find out the IMEI of the phone? (Im not sure what the Gardai can do?)

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone?

Your network has the imei but there's nothing the Gardaí can do for you and no they won't get it for you.

If you had Google and Facebook location settings off your kind of snookered sorry.

Was there cctv where you thought it went missing? Gardaí can probably get that if it was a theft.

Thread over in legal discussions at the moment you should have a read of.

Your network has the imei but there's nothing the Gardaí can do for you and no they won't get it for you.

If you had Google and Facebook location settings off your kind of snookered sorry.

Was there cctv where you thought it went missing? Gardaí can probably get that if it was a theft.

Thread over in legal discussions at the moment you should have a read of.

Thanks. I saw that thread.

Im not sure when it went.

I thought the IMEI could be used to track it after googling it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement