Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All round circular or plunge saw.

Options
  • 28-07-2015 7:57pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Suggestions or recomendations wanted for a small all round circular or plunge saw, for a noobie, with little knowledge of woodwork.

Not me silly:eek:

I have a strong bias towards me 40 year old 9" Skilsaw.
    Yes they did make them back then. But this chap wants modern.

So what would you suggest??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If budget not an issue then festool

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

kadman wrote: »
    for a noobie, with little knowledge of woodwork.

But this chap wants modern.

So what would you suggest??

Affordable and sound, a Bosch 190.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Probably the 190 mm makita about 150-160€ good all rounder saw if they're into roofing push for the 9" saw another 100€ at least on top of that or the 9"hatichi my own one. Can't fault it
    The festool 75 plunge saw is a gift well worth the money if you have the work for it
    If someone's only starting off and serious about sticking with it buy a pro quality saw ,good blades make up your own guide rails out of ply when the funds are available then plunge for the festool
    Two completly different saws a plunge and std circular impossible to use the plunge with out the rail not much use for framing, roofing , basic ply work first fix in general. But brilliant for kitchens ,wardrobes ,doors ,2 fix and finish carpentry
    Tought I was mad spending the money about 7 years ago on the festool but can't imagine working with out it now
    The trick with all saws as you know whether cheap or Rolls Royce is sharp blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I have done quite of lot of roofing and without a doubt the most popular saw for chippys is the Hitachi circular saws. They can take a serious beating and are cheap .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liamofT

Have a makita circular saw for years. Never let me down. Would choose makita over Bosch in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭Grueller

Ya makita over bosch too, but Hitachi over both imo. Find it better balanced and more user friendly.

Advertisement