Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engadement Ring

Options
  • 28-07-2015 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I am wondering where is the best place to buy an engagement ring. I don't mind to travel to get it. I read about people getting rings in Antwerp cause it supposed to be cheaper and so on. The problem is... most threads are 3-5 years old (or even more). Did prices change? I imagine they did...

First of all I plan to spend at most 3500 euro (but would be much happier with something cheaper to be honest, only started to thing about it). I personally like what Voltaire Diamonds have. They supposed to be very competitive with Antwerp. With that budget (again I would rather be below 3000), is there any point in going to Anwerp? I was thinking about 0.25-0.5ct, VS2 clarity (or better of course), H color (or better). Maybe you could suggest some other jeweler? Ideally in Cork - I know Voltaire are in Dublin.

And last question, a lot of guys seem to decide to pick up a ring with their fiancee, bit unusual to me. How do ladies find that? Would you rather have a choice of your own, or get a surprise picked up by your future husband?

Cheers,
    Xav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I got my ring in Bespoke Diamonds in Dublin. The service was brilliant and their selection is really good.

They also deal directly with Antwerp so you should be able to get a very good quality diamond within your budget and to the spec you mentioned.

I always wanted to choose my own ring so I was happy that my fiance decided to go that route and get the ring after he proposed. We made a day out of it and went to the jewelers to pick the ring and went for dinner afterwards to celebrate. It was really nice to be able to do it together.

Advertisement