Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gearbest order seized by Customs. HELP!

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Any help / advice urgently needed, please. I ordered stuff from Gearbest (Total $110, which is = €100) Yep.....it got stopped by Customs!!! What to do now? Should I forego it + let it be returned to China + lose the money I've paid? Or has anyone an idea how much I'd have to pay Customs to get my stuff? Their website is so hard to understand. Has this happened to anyone else & if so, WHAT did you do? Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

When the item is valued over 30 euros I think you pay 20% of the 100 euro value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

you have to pay the duty and they charge you on the invoice price PLUS the freight cost the bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Do An Post throw a few €€€'s on now as well ? I seem to remember an additional charge when a phone was stopped on me last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Trond wrote: »
    Do An Post throw a few €€€'s on now as well ? I seem to remember an additional charge when a phone was stopped on me last year...

They charge €7.

OP the DMC should have or will send you a letter, just email in a copy of the receipt from Gearbe*t and they'll send you back a quote which is usually made up of the An Post collection fee, vat @23% and Customs Duty (I don't think you're liable for that one).

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Yep, I usually keep my orders to around 50 yoyos to avoid this bullsh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sing_dumb

Hi folks, thanks a mill for ur help. Ok, I took a deep breath & mailed Revenue. I I have to pay €29.56 (more money for Bertie's pension pot, I spose!!) which I can live with[. Can't ignore the fact the stiuff I bought would have cost a lot more here either. Plus, on my walk last Sunday I found a €20 note, so that's a great help with pain relief!!! Thanks again lads. quote="sing_dumb;96402965"]Any help / advice urgently needed, please. I ordered stuff from Gearbest (Total $110, which is = €100) Yep.....it got stopped by Customs!!! What to do now? Should I forego it + let it be returned to China + lose the money I've paid? Or has anyone an idea how much I'd have to pay Customs to get my stuff? Their website is so hard to understand. Has this happened to anyone else & if so, WHAT did you do? Thanks a million[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 patdrog

Adam4850 wrote: »
    When the item is valued over 30 euros I think you pay 20% of the 100 euro value
    best way out of paying customs duty ,is buy the phone or any item from the EU WAREHOUSE OR GBwarehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭leche solara

patdrog wrote: »
    best way out of paying customs duty ,is buy the phone or any item from the EU WAREHOUSE OR GBwarehouse

Why are you replying to a post 3½ years after it was posted? There's a strong likelihood that it has been addressed in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement