Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi vs mobile data. Battery life on Android devices.

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi everyone.
    I am the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 user.
    I've got Wi-Fi at home and i also have a mobile plan with unlimited mobile data.
    How should i be using the internet in my phone in order to save a battery life?
    Should i be using Wi-Fi when im at home and a mobile data when i am out?
    Or should i just keep my mobile data on for the whole time as its unlimited?
    What would be the best battery wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tomaspol wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I am the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 user.
    I've got Wi-Fi at home and i also have a mobile plan with unlimited mobile data.
    How should i be using the internet in my phone in order to save a battery life?
    Should i be using Wi-Fi when im at home and a mobile data when i am out?
    Or should i just keep my mobile data on for the whole time as its unlimited?
    What would be the best battery wise?

Using wifi is better for battery that data. Use wifi where possible.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tomaspol

Using wifi is better for battery that data. Use wifi where possible.
    Thanks.
    Ok so when im at home it is better to switch it to Wi-Fi then.
    The other thing is :
    Can keep the Wi-Fi on all the time when im at home not only when i use it ?
    Until now i was always turning off my wi-fi when im at home and wasnt using it.
    But today i have read that it drains the battery only when it searches for network but not that much when its connected? So in that case there would be no point turning it off when im at home.

Do you keep your wi-fi on at home or do you turn it off when you dont use it (at home)?

Thanks.
    Ok so when im at home it is better to switch it to Wi-Fi then.
    The other thing is :
    Can keep the Wi-Fi on all the time when im at home not only when i use it ?
    Until now i was always turning off my wi-fi when im at home and wasnt using it.
    But today i have read that it drains the battery only when it searches for network but not that much when its connected? So in that case there would be no point turning it off when im at home.

Do you keep your wi-fi on at home or do you turn it off when you dont use it (at home)?

Always keep your wifi on at home, even when you're not using your phone. You can turn it off when you're outside the house.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tomaspol

Always keep your wifi on at home, even when you're not using your phone. You can turn it off when you're outside the house.

So you confirm that wi- fi doesnt take that much battery when it is already connected (not searching for the network)and there is no need to turn it off when it is not in use at home.

I am just wondering why there is so many articles online about keeping your wi -fi off when not in use in order to save the battery life.

So you confirm that wi- fi doesnt take that much battery when it is already connected (not searching for the network)and there is no need to turn it off when it is not in use at home.

I am just wondering why there is so many articles online about keeping your wi -fi off when not in use in order to save the battery life.

Yes!

Articles possibly refer to when you are outside a wifi area!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement