Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help "Swipe to Unlock" screen disappeared

Options
  • 28-07-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

The Swipe to Unlock message has disappeared from my android kitkat 4.4.2 phone, before when I opened the cover the screen came to life & I used to get the Swipe to Unlock message on screen but that has stopped happening but if I swipe left to right the phone is unlocked as before, it's annoying:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id check your security settings, it could have disabled? You can reset it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

GBX wrote: »
    Id check your security settings, it could have disabled? You can reset it
    I've checked that & lots of other things but no luck, after I swipe the screen the 'swipe to unlock' message appears for a split second hardly enough time to actually read it, not the end of the world but annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

lensman wrote: »
    I've checked that & lots of other things but no luck, after I swipe the screen the 'swipe to unlock' message appears for a split second hardly enough time to actually read it, not the end of the world but annoying

Have you installed any app which uses credential certs, like vpn or Foxfi tether.

These can be cleared.

Do you get a pin prompt, or pattern?

Is Swipe shown in Security settings, under Screen Lock, or greyed out?

Have you encrypted your device?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

seems to be sorted now, I played about with the 'dreamtime' settings & hey presto the swipe to unlock prompt is back, thanks

Advertisement