Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loose Panel Under Car

Options
  • 27-07-2015 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I have my NCT this coming Wednesday and have the car ready to go with one minor (or at least I'm hoping it's minor) issue... Part of the plastic panel underneath the car is hanging down at the rear of the car on the passenger side, however I don't think this is a major issue and is one which I could probably resolve myself. I'm thinking I might just throw a few zip-ties to hold it up as it isn't really heavy and I'd be 100% sure that would sort it but I don't know how well this will go down with the NCT folks...

Would it be ok to do this or would I be failed for it? I tried NCT website for info but they don't mention anything about this panel. I've spent a small fortune getting various jobs done to the car as it is and I really don't want to bring it to a garage coz I feel like they see me coming and will make out the problem to be greater than it is...

All advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Will be fine, my undertrays are half held on with cable ties and I've passed numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Patrick15

Ah excellent, with all the luck I've been having lately I was sure I was gonna be told I needed a new engine or something! lol

Cheers pippip :-)

Advertisement