Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you make money from doing Online Surveys?

Options
  • 27-07-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi

My son is a student who has been unsuccessfully looking for part-time work. He's come across advertisements to do online surveys for pay.

He's not looking to make millions, just enough to keep his social life going. Do these surveys really pay? if so, are there ones that are better than others and any that should be avoided?

Would love to hear feedback from anyone who's tried them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I used to do a few (can't even remember what they were now) - after completing about a 100 of them I might get a €5 off an Amazon product ...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You'll probably get better information in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

My son is a student who has been unsuccessfully looking for part-time work. He's come across advertisements to do online surveys for pay.

He's not looking to make millions, just enough to keep his social life going. Do these surveys really pay? if so, are there ones that are better than others and any that should be avoided?

Would love to hear feedback from anyone who's tried them.
    I doubt you'd make enough to cover anything
    In my own experience they were fine for getting a couple of euro per year in Amazon vouchers, but I don't think any of the ones available in the Irish market would pay out enough to cover cost of living etc.,

He might be better off looking at affiliate marketing, though there is usually a delay of several weeks to several months between earning a commission and getting paid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Fastest way to make income online with little capital investment is Drop Shipping from the likes of AliExpress, FocalPrice, DX etc. I made a tidy income in the back of lecture theaters selling USB keys a way back when in college.

Has its downsides as you are reliant on the Drop shipper to ship, and if there are issues, you are at fault, not them. You'll also find it hard to meet the margin of the Chinese sellers and there is your other issue, you are shipping from (probably) China, so you have that delay. Also very dependent on a 'hot product' that you can sell a lot of quickly and at a good margin. I just found a little niche for about a 6 month period and it dried up then, I didn't pursue much further as I had other interests by then.

Advertisement