Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will other bodies follow ACCA and have 4 exam sittings per year?

Options
  • 27-07-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

With ACCA offering students the chance to sit exams 4 times peryear from Sep 2015, I wonder will Chartered, CIMA and CPA follow suit?

At the minute Chartered only allow one sitting per year forthe FAEs so they will fall miles behind if they do nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

I'd be very surprised if they do.

Plus I do not think you can sit any extra exams, you can just break them up into four sittings. It's still only 8 exams a calendar year, so i believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Students taking the FAE in 2016 will be able to repeat in Jan 2017. I think they should have had repeats all along. One sitting of the FAE per year was not adequate IMO.

I'm not sure about having 4 sittings per year for ACA. I think having structured lectures/studying throughout the year followed by exams and repeats is a good structure for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭CassieManson

CIMA already offer 4 sittings ACCA have copied them.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Students taking the FAE in 2016 will be able to repeat in Jan 2017. I think they should have had repeats all along. One sitting of the FAE per year was not adequate IMO.

I agree. Waiting 12 months to repeat FAE is tough. I ended up switching and qualifying with CPA because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

Surely by switching you still had to do at least one or two exams and by the time results came out was close enough to a year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

adrianw wrote: »
    Surely by switching you still had to do at least one or two exams and by the time results came out was close enough to a year?

Had four to do when I switched but I'd failed FAE twice (did worse the 2nd time, with fewer classes put on for repeat students.)

Waiting one year was bad enough without risking another year.

Advertisement