Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC on android TV with Sky

Options
  • 27-07-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

OK since a couple of weeks ago SKY have blocked streaming from xbmc on there broadband network. This is due to a ruling in the UK high court which they have decided to apply here. :eek:

The question is (and i hope im allowed ask is ) is there a way around this using a vpn or the like. Or is it a case of having to switch provider.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

stevekavo wrote: »
    OK since a couple of weeks ago SKY have blocked streaming from xbmc on there broadband network. This is due to a ruling in the UK high court which they have decided to apply here. :eek:

The question is (and i hope im allowed ask is ) is there a way around this using a vpn or the like. Or is it a case of having to switch provider.

Can you elaborate? There are hundreds of add ons...so sky may have blocked some add-ons but surely they couldnt block everyone of them? Most of the add-ons have proxys that you can look up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

do you mean they have blocked a plugin that allows you to illegally watch sky channels for free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

They have blocked Genisis, Ice films and the like. I dont watch sport on XBMC thats (ironically) what i have sky for.
    The streaming of TV channels is still working though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

stevekavo wrote: »
    They have blocked Genisis, Ice films and the like. I dont watch sport on XBMC thats (ironically) what i have sky for.
    The streaming of TV channels is still working though.

Just configure these with the proxys or use another add-on...there is hundreds of them all offering pretty much the same things....
    there is loads of groups on facebook which should have the info you need

Advertisement