Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dentists - Dublin area

• 27-07-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Just wondering - normal dentist (Marc Higgins) is away at the min and while not a dentist emergency my lad is about a month overdue his teeth and not that happy in his mouth so would really like to get him looked at asap; was looking into other dentists in the area and found this list:

http://www.allhorse.ie/equine-dentists.html

I notice that some have EqDT (incl. Marc) - is this the relevant qualification?

Also, has anyone used Maria O'Rourke - I note she doesn't have the letters but is a qualified human dentist (or has anyone used any of the others either)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

I use Ciaran Buckley and couldn't praise him highly enough. Have used a few dentists over the years but definitely sticking with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baby_Bear

Mark Durning is the best dentist I've come across and I've met a good few over the years!!! he works with a lot of the vets, is amazing with the horses, is very through and rides to quite a high level so he understands if you explain what you are feeling down the rein.

Just wondering - normal dentist (Marc Higgins) is away at the min and while not a dentist emergency my lad is about a month overdue his teeth and not that happy in his mouth so would really like to get him looked at asap; was looking into other dentists in the area and found this list:

http://www.allhorse.ie/equine-dentists.html

I notice that some have EqDT (incl. Marc) - is this the relevant qualification?

Also, has anyone used Maria O'Rourke - I note she doesn't have the letters but is a qualified human dentist (or has anyone used any of the others either)?
    We usually use Mark as well.

Maria O'Rourke is a dental hygienist, not a dental surgeon. I don't know what qualifications she has, but Mark is particularly recommended because he's recognised by the British Equine Veterinary Association.

There is also Adrian Sutherland, I think he has the same qualification as Mark, but I have no personal experience of his work. I'd seek recommendations on him if I were in your position.

Or consider an experienced vet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Another one for Mark Durning! Brian Coonan is also very good!

Advertisement