Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving children to dublin

Options
  • 27-07-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there, I'm completely new to forum so any tips would be highly appreciated where too look for info here or from yourselves. I'm planning to move to Dublin in second part of august, I got new job in docklands area and looking for house 2/3 bedroom in approx. €1200/1300 per month in commutable area to centre max 40 min. I have 2 children 2 and 6 years, my daughter was going to gaelic school and we're on lookout for school for her. It's very short time wee need to arrange everything and I have no clue what areas to look for where to stay away. I need school and house to be located near to luas or train station as I believe this would be best options for travel, there is no car park around area provided. Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It will be hard in Dublin to get a rental for that price.
    Gaelscoil places are like gold dust is many area but depending what class they are going in to.
    Look on Daft but the areas that spring to mind are Balbriggan,Rush,Lusk,Skerries(northern commuter rail line),Dunboyne(not Dublin but train to Docklands station)Parts of Blanchardstown Dublin 15(clonsilla and Coolmine train stations)Bray (Co Wicklow) the Dart goes through it.
    Rent in Dublin can be extremely high.

http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/fares-info might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ewekom

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It will be hard in Dublin to get a rental for that price.
    Gaelscoil places are like gold dust is many area but depending what class they are going in to.
    Look on Daft but the areas that spring to mind are Balbriggan,Rush,Lusk,Skerries(northern commuter rail line),Dunboyne(not Dublin but train to Docklands station)Parts of Blanchardstown Dublin 15(clonsilla and Coolmine train stations)Bray (Co Wicklow) the Dart goes through it.
    Rent in Dublin can be extremely high.

thank you, I believe we might have problem with Gaelic school, we don't mind really just prefer to be mixed school I think. my daughter will be going to 1s t class this year

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We call them Gaelscoileanna.
    http://www.gaelscoileanna.ie/en/

You will need to ring individual schools to find out if there are spaces.

myhome.ie and daft.ie will help with the property search.

If you are looking at a particular house we can help with area:)

thank you will do. I have emailed my daughter school with request of helping some school, hope they will just biggest problem it's middle of summer and no one at school now

would anyone know some safe and reputable schools in area of clonsilla , coolmine , blancharstown , castleknock ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Clondalkin has a gaelscoil. Also there has been talk of it becoming a mini Gaeltacht area. Wouldn't know about north side sorry can't help with that.

it doesn't has to be gaelic school as long kids are happy there and some quality level of education...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Maynooth? Still very commutable in to the city.

fleet wrote: »
    Maynooth? Still very commutable in to the city.

12/1300 would not go far in the Maynooth rental market.

ewekom wrote: »
    would anyone know some safe and reputable schools in area of clonsilla , coolmine , blancharstown , castleknock ?

Coolmine is generally nice as in Clonsilla,Castleknock is lovely but I would imagine rents would be a lot higher there.

I had a look on Daft for you in Dublin 3 bed under 1300 euro and you no where in any of those areas came up,would you mind a 2 bed apt?

• Advertisement

which school would be on clonsilla?

how long travel to maynooth?

35-45 minutes by train to the IFSC but the rental market is crazy and rents tend to be high.
    There are a few schools but the all girls school will probably be your only option.

I was looking at irish rail it shows maynooth travel 1 hr...? it would be too long for me

Just saw a 2 bed in adamstown for 1250 pm its a dublex apartment but lovely area lots of school options and not too bad commute to city centre. Train to heuston takes about 20mins and maybe same to ifsc? That train is quite reliable too used to get into town that way :)

sm213 wrote: »
    Just saw a 2 bed in adamstown for 1250 pm its a dublex apartment but lovely area lots of school options and not too bad commute to city centre. Train to heuston takes about 20mins and maybe same to ifsc? That train is quite reliable too used to get into town that way :)

would u have a link pls

ewekom wrote: »
    would u have a link pls

Sorry newbie can't post links yet :(
    But it was just a quick search on daft co.Dublin 2-3 bed Max price 1300. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

If you are working in the docklands then I'd recommend Swords, possibly Holywell. There are Dublin Bus and Swords Express buses that go through the port tunnell. Holywell to docklands in 15 minutes. Scoil an Duinninigh www.scoiland.ie is walking distance from Holywell. My daughter is in second class there. Brand new school built in 2011 and we are very happy with it.

2bed apt: http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/holywell-way-feltrim-hall-swords-dublin-county/1774070

3bed apt: http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/holywell-crescent-north-swords-dublin/2934820

There's another gaelscoil in Swords as well but I don't know much about it.

I never mentioned Swords because there is no rail link but you would definately get a house / Apt there within your price range too.

You will find most of the schools will have a member of admin staff in over the holidays.

sm213 wrote: »

if the train goes to Heuston it does not go to Connolly (IFSC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

But Luas goes to Connolly from Heuston Stn.Prob would take 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We're in Rush.Train goes straight to Connolly.I've worked in the Docklands myself.Three local primary schools, plus one Gaelscoils, all generally of a high standard.Express bus goes through here through the tunnel to the quays.Living beside the sea is nice :-) Lusk is a good alternative too or Donabate You will get houses to rent here more easily for those prices I think.

We live in Rush. I've worked in the Docklands. Nearly an hour to drive in heavy rush hour traffic, about 40 mins on the train, direct to Connolly station. I think you would probably find somewhere (a house) to rent for that money around here. There are 3 local primary schools, and one Gaelscoil, all of which are good. I can't recommend living by the sea enough :)
    Swords is a 20 min drive. Express buses go from here, through the tunnel to the North Quays.
    Lusk would be another good option, the train and buses are easily accessible from there too.

We're in Rush.Train goes straight to Connolly.I've worked in the Docklands myself.Three local primary schools, plus one Gaelscoils, all generally of a high standard.Express bus goes through here through the tunnel to the quays.Living beside the sea is nice :-) Lusk is a good alternative too or Donabate You will get houses to rent here more easily for those prices I think.

thanks, and how long it takes the buss?
    I'm looking in to sword area now too

The bus you would be getting for the commute from Rush/Lusk is the 33X. About 45 mins aswell, it goes directly through the tunnel to the Quays. There is a timetable on dublin bus website.

Swords would be a good option too. There are a lot of primary schools there, I'm not sure how many at last count. The train may not run directly through Swords, but you could always drive to Malahide (15/20 min drive) and get the DART. Also the 41 bus (and 41A, B,C, X etc) runs from different parts of Swords in to town, and the Swords express runs through the tunnel too.

tobsey wrote: »
    If you are working in the docklands then I'd recommend Swords, possibly Holywell. There are Dublin Bus and Swords Express buses that go through the port tunnell. Holywell to docklands in 15 minutes. Scoil an Duinninigh www.scoiland.ie is walking distance from Holywell. My daughter is in second class there. Brand new school built in 2011 and we are very happy with it.

2bed apt: http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/holywell-way-feltrim-hall-swords-dublin-county/1774070

3bed apt: http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/holywell-crescent-north-swords-dublin/2934820

There's another gaelscoil in Swords as well but I don't know much about it.
    also to follow from this, there's an even newer Educate Together primary school in Holywell itself. Another option if the gaelscoil isn't a must have.

Sorry thought I said luas to ifsc :)

I've been to hilywell yesterday to see d gouse, location is perfect cam see educate together school from d house, bus stop walking distance max 10 min, just d size if d house!!! Omg! D r tiny matches boxes😭 i'm used to big size but well won't be picky if d man will agree for rent, bit painting n carpet washing n will do for couple of months, then it will be easier to look for something else from d place, would anyone know if it's difficult to get to this educate together school? My girl will be going to 1st class now, there is no ither school withing walking distance

If you can see the Educate Together school from the house then the gaelscoil I mentioned above on Feltrim Road is less than 10 minutes walk away. Don't know about how hard it is to get into either of them though.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, man kept us for week n just text me last night that ke picked someone else... So dissapointing I must say... Condition of d house was really not tgat great but requirements like dir palace👿 time is ticking getting pressure on my head, people sin want do weekend i'm still working here full time till end if the week😥

Advertisement