Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Teaching Post Grad - without honours Irish

Options
  • 27-07-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have a BA Hons in English, Media and Cultural studies and I have now decided I would like to further my education and train to become a Primary school teacher. However, I didn't do honours Irish for my Leaving Cert. What are the best options around this if i wanted to stay in Ireland to study my post grad?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

You have no real options if you want to train in Ireland, other than repeating LC Honours Irish and getting at least a C3. You can train abroad and make up the qualification shortfalls on your return.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 marble2015

I think you can do a diploma in Irish instead of honours Irish not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Without hons Irish there is no way in Ireland. Only option is head to the UK and do the SCG/OCG exams when you come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ais90

Thank you for all the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 23 marble2015

Hi I just checked it out the other posters are fortunately wrong, you can do a diploma in Irish in most universities and it fulfills the requirement instead, and you can do it part time in night classes, I can't post a link because I'm new but if you Google it or search on boards you'll find more info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement