Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA and ACA exemptions, need advice

Options
  • 27-07-2015 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I got a graduate job waiting, part of the contract was just studying for the profession without a mention of which, at the interview they were open towards both qualifications with a preference for ACCA, I wanted ACA, mentioned that though I really feel that wasn't noted down.

Months later just before signing the contract I asked about it but they never got back to me, I really feel like I'll make a fool of myself in front of the HR if I keep going to them. I signed the thing because I'm in for it even if it's ACCA and by now I barely care but I'm wondering which to get the exemptions from.

Should I even be doing them? I wasn't told anything honestly.

Also, I know I'm late for ACA but I don't have full results yet and I was told they accept them late for my course. Either way I'm worried and confused, I think I'll apply to ACA either way now, as soon as possible, but I am slightly lost. I would value some opinions on this.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 13 Verified rep Chartered Accountants Ireland: Careers Team

Hi Kurooi, if you wish you can PM me and I can give you some advice regarding starting with Chartered - as you say, you aren't too late to enrol and we can check your exemptions free of charge.

Advertisement