Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting and Finance vs Accounting Courses

Options
  • 27-07-2015 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

I am just looking at these 2 courses.
    What is the different, is it straightforward what I think it is....
    One has ONLY accounting while the other has both accounting and finance, then won't it be better for an individual to do the accounting and finance course since it offers more, thus enhancing your career prospect ?
    My assumptions could be wrong as I have little knowledge of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Kurooi

I did an Accounting and Finance undergrad (DCU) and I think it doesn't really matter, you're probably still going to learn some finance in a plain accounting course, check though. All it meant for us was that in the third and final year we had an option to specialize into one or the other, most people went with accounting. From job searching afterwards, I felt that the employers didn't care about the modules, only big four firms and few others asked for a full breakdown of modules and I believe they only did it to ask specifically about anything odd on it.

I do assume there that the courses you're looking at are of equal level and duration. And make sure they give exemptions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Might be worth checking out, but whichever one offers the most exemptions is the one worth doing

Advertisement