Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming build

Options
  • 26-07-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I would like some help with a build
    i actually tried one (got some help from here) 4 years ago but the car broke so money had to go into that but i'm ready to go again.

I still have a cooler master Haf 932 case thats been sitting there for four years so i dont need one.

Other than the build has any one any advice on a decent office chair could go as far as 200 for it.

I see that Hardwaresand is gone into insolvency so i suppose another site is required, any suggestions on this ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. What is your budget? B]€1200 but can stretch a bit[/B

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? B]Gaming[/B Hearts of iron, Crusader kings, star wars battlefront, total war series

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? B]Yes[/B

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Have a Coolermaster haf 932 case

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. B]Not sure suggestions? a 24 " at least[/B

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? B]nope[/B

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? B]Yes[/B

8. How can you pay? B]credit card[/B

9. When are you purchasing? B]ready to go as soon as i can [/B

10. If you need help building it, where are you based
    no help required

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

murphk wrote: »
    Other than the build has any one any advice on a decent office chair could go as far as 200 for it.
    Normally I'd say to goto Ikea, and sit on all their chairs (The one I'm sitting on is from there), and find the one you like most, but you look like a Cork man, so probably just going into a large store that has different office chairs, and try them out.

BenQ 2450 €130
    GTX 970 €350
    i5 4460 €185
    H97 Board €90
    1tb HDD €55
    8gb RAM €55
    250gb SSD €90
    500w PSU €60
    Windows key is €20 from Reddit.
    Total €1050 roughly.

Prices are (uselessly) from HWVS but should be fairly close from MindFactory.de or an EU amazon. Is that detail enough, or do you me to post manufacturers?

This'll play pretty much anything at 1080p Maxed out, so if the above is as much as you'll play you can knock several hundred off if you want.

Any questions, ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

BenQ 2450 €130
    GTX 970 €350
    i5 4460 €185
    H97 Board €90
    1tb HDD €55
    8gb RAM €55
    250gb SSD €90
    500w PSU €60
    Total €1050 roughly.

Prices are (uselessly) from HWVS but should be fairly close from MindFactory.de or an EU amazon. Is that detail enough, or do you me to post manufacturers?

This'll play pretty much anything at 1080p Maxed out, so if the above is as much as you'll play you can knock several hundred off if you want.

Any questions, ask away.

Thats great thanks ill check out the prices on a few different sites and order in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

BenQ 2450 €130
    GTX 970 €350
    i5 4460 €185
    H97 Board €90
    1tb HDD €55
    8gb RAM €55
    250gb SSD €90
    500w PSU €60
    Total €1050 roughly.

Any questions, ask away.
    looking at prices at the moment

Three quick questions

1. Im gonna try a bit of overclocking will the H97 board do or should i be going for the z97 series

2. Also for the same reason should i be getting a new fan if so any suggestions

3. Do al PSU's come with the same connectors or do i need to check each individually to make sure its correct

• Advertisement

You'll need a Z97 board and a k series chip for over clocking e.g. 4690k

No need on your budget but your call

PSUs are fairly standard

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Danosully

how would a build like this hold up now? with battlefield 1....... and other games

Relatively well, you'd be better off starting a new thread and getting newer parts, this is 2 years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement