Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

block google public dns eircom F1000

Options
  • 25-07-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to block google dns on eircom f1000 router. I tried static route and access control under firewall and no luck. Does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

kieranm82 wrote: »
    I want to block google dns on eircom f1000 router. I tried static route and access control under firewall and no luck. Does anyone know how to do this?

You'll need a better router, what exactly are you trying to do? If it's to enable smart DNS on a Chromecast to bypass geo restrictions I have this sorted by using a Mikrotik router with local router DNS, I then have a redirect forcing all traffic on port 53 to the router IP. You need to redirect both tcp and udp as DNS uses both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kieranm82

I'm trying to use the access control in the firewall to block google public dns 8.8.8.8. It still seems to get through and I setup static route and still no luck.

Advertisement