Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling a Jaeger LeCoultre for mortgage deposit!

Options
  • 25-07-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

hi
    looking into the possibility of selling a Jaeger LeCoultre watch we received as a present to help with a mortgage deposit. when my wife had to get the bracelet taken in we had to go to dublin as it was the only place where it could be done. silly question but to get it valued properly do i need to take it back to the shop which sells them or would a normal jeweler in cork do?? i have a picture of it but i can't seem to find a match online to get a rough idea of what it's worth!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭893bet

Any AD for the brand should be able to do it (and some non ADs also).

However, the value they give will be a replacement insurance value.

Let's say they say it's worth 8k. Chances are your second hand selling price will be 4k maximum. Ireland is also a small market to realise full value you need to be comfortable selling online (eBay or similar) unless you get lucky.

Just had a look at the picture and to be honest it doesn't look genuine. It could be just the poor picture but dial quality up close looks poor. Again it may be just the photo so no offence meant and I hope it's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Look for Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Women's Watch
    Model: Q1728171

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

durtybit wrote: »
    Look for Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Women's Watch
    Model: Q1728171

The hr and min hands look a bit short compared to some of the images.
    In any case, to get the full value you'll need 'the full set'. I.e. Box, dealer warranty card, receipt and any other bits that should come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks for the replies everyone. its legit alright 893bet!

• Advertisement

great stuff. Sadly it will be a tough sell in Ireland unless you can reach out to a larger online market.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

try sell it to watchfinder.co.uk see what they offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

http://www.swisswatchtrader.co.uk
    This guy too, pretty active on Instagram.

Advertisement