Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malware problems

Options
  • 25-07-2015 5:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bought a new pc a few weeks ago, and in the process of downloading Chrome etc., I clicked on at least one download I shouldn't have. As a result, I've been getting consistent malware detections from AVG (about once every 3 times I turned on the PC).

Had a feeling there was more I didn't know about, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and it picked up about 163 threats or so and quarantined them. Starting to feel I may be a bit out of my depth regarding protection, is there anything else I should be doing? Most of the threats seem related to istartsurf and miuitab.

Comments

Advertisement