Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Teams?

Options
  • 25-07-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,
    I'm new to Sligo and I'm trying to make some friends, I was wondering are there any football/GAA teams that I could join? I've tried googling it but as soon as you google sligo and football, it's just endless amounts of articles about Sligo Rovers. Surely there is more than one team in Sligo, no? Are there any amateur teams out there that I could join? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

newtosligo wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm new to Sligo and I'm trying to make some friends, I was wondering are there any football/GAA teams that I could join? I've tried googling it but as soon as you google sligo and football, it's just endless amounts of articles about Sligo Rovers. Surely there is more than one team in Sligo, no? Are there any amateur teams out there that I could join? :)
    There are plenty of teams in the Sligo Leitrim League, most of which would most likely welcome new players. Here's the Facebook page of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Where about are you based?

Are you male or female?

How good are you at football?

The new junior season starts at the end of August. Most clubs would be glad of new players as many of them struggle for numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 newtosligo

Cool, thanks, Ill check it out :)

@henlars67, I'm in sligo town, I'm 25, male, never played football properly before tbh, hence why I'd like to join an amateur team or something. any club names so I can check them out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

If you've never really played football before then you might be better off playing in the astro league.

Here's their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/srfc.astro?fref=ts

Their season will be starting in a couple of months, and there may be some teams posting there who are looking for players.

If not, just put up a post yourself saying you're interested in playing and I'm sure somebody would be glad to have you.

• Advertisement

Great, thanks very much Henlars, I'll check them out. :)

Advertisement