Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Code

Options
  • 25-07-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Have come to the end of my contract with three and have gotten an unlock code from them for a galaxy s4, will be given this to someone else.

Running Cyanogenmod on the phone and when I put in the unlock code it does not unlock.

Am I looking to go back to the stock ROM in order for this to work?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

THE ALM wrote: »
    Have come to the end of my contract with three and have gotten an unlock code from them for a galaxy s4, will be given this to someone else.

Running Cyanogenmod on the phone and when I put in the unlock code it does not unlock.

Am I looking to go back to the stock ROM in order for this to work?

Thanks
    dont matter the code should work.u need to put different network sim in and then enter the unlock code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

dont matter the code should work.u need to put different network sim in and then enter the unlock code

Have the different sim in but just get an unsuccessful message.

Is there a limit to how many times this can be tried, three said to try it only twice?

Have the different sim in but just get an unsuccessful message.

Is there a limit to how many times this can be tried, three said to try it only twice?
    not sure on that one.u can get stock on any android thread.just sure u have the right model of ur s4.is urs 19505

not sure on that one.u can get stock on any android thread.just sure u have the right model of ur s4.is urs 19505

Downloading the stock firmware at the moment, was hoping to get away without doing it. c'est le vie!

Downloading the stock firmware at the moment, was hoping to get away without doing it. c'est le vie!
    im due a upgrade soon and thinking of selling mine is custom rom on it too.lollipop 5.0.2 is on it.could i leave it the way it is

• Advertisement

im due a upgrade soon and thinking of selling mine is custom rom on it too.lollipop 5.0.2 is on it.could i leave it the way it is

I am running 5.1 and intended leaving it as is, I just did a factory reset and wiped all the data. The only reason I am going back to stock is in the hope that the unlock code works. I did try connecting it through Kies but it wouldn't connect so going to end up doing it through odin.

I am running 5.1 and intended leaving it as is, I just did a factory reset and wiped all the data. The only reason I am going back to stock is in the hope that the unlock code works. I did try connecting it through Kies but it wouldn't connect so going to end up doing it through odin.
    think if u go back to root can u update it tho.dont think u can

think if u go back to root can u update it tho.dont think u can

Not sure to be honest. There is a shop in town that unlocks them so might drop it in to them if I have no luck with stock.

Not sure to be honest. There is a shop in town that unlocks them so might drop it in to them if I have no luck with stock.
    can u sell on the phone on custom firmware on it

can u sell on the phone on custom firmware on it

I stand to be corrected, but if you are selling it stating what firmware it is running then I do not see why you couldn't.

• Advertisement

I stand to be corrected, but if you are selling it stating what firmware it is running then I do not see why you couldn't.
    what are they worth nowadays

what are they worth nowadays

They buy them in CEX for about €130 unlocked

They buy them in CEX for about €130 unlocked
    not bad but id reckon id get more on ebay or privately

not bad but id reckon id get more on ebay or privately

would think so alright

Seems you have to go back to stock for the unlock code to work.

Downloaded a stock Three firmware and applied though Odin. Got stuck on three boot up logo on first start so had to do a factory reset. Booted up second time and had unlock code accepted.

Seems you have to go back to stock for the unlock code to work.

Downloaded a stock Three firmware and applied though Odin. Got stuck on three boot up logo on first start so had to do a factory reset. Booted up second time and had unlock code accepted.
    thanks for that.handy to know

have u a copy for a stock firmware

have u a copy for a stock firmware

This is the one I used http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/39422/I9505XXUGNJ3_I95053IEGNJ1_3IE/

Just signed up to the free account and took about 2 hours to download

There are others listed on that site for the various operators in case you are not three.

This is the one I used http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/39422/I9505XXUGNJ3_I95053IEGNJ1_3IE/

Just signed up to the free account and took about 2 hours to download

There are others listed on that site for the various operators in case you are not three.
    can u update your phone now

can u update your phone now

Phone unlocked and I have gone back to Cyanogenmod using the setup process listed on the opening page of there site using the windows downloader.

Just setting up everything now regarding apps and settings.

All good so far.

• Advertisement

Phone unlocked and I have gone back to Cyanogenmod using the setup process listed on the opening page of there site using the windows downloader.

Just setting up everything now regarding apps and settings.

All good so far.
    great but if i sold the phone would the person be able to update to the latest system updates or by using odin

great but if i sold the phone would the person be able to update to the latest system updates or by using odin

When I was on the three firmware I did check for updates although it did not give me any. This might be due to the fact that I had unlocked it and was using a none three sim, don't have a three sim to try. I would imagine if three pushed through an update that the phone should pick it up.

Advertisement