Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on Job seekers over 12 weeks what can I do?

Options
  • 24-07-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I have signed on for job seekers back at the start of April. I have sent in everything they have asked me to, I am constantly seeking work, I've been receiving forms to send in each week to say if have been employed any day of the week. I have been down to my local Intreo Office and told I need to wait for a means test, I have just waiting for so long and savings have run completely out, I'm worried as to how long they will make me wait for. Does any one know if there is anything I can do to speed up this process or has someone had a similar experience that has any advice?

Thank you,

Q

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 123question

Have you any idea how long this process might take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If you mean the SWA process - not long (probably a week or two after you attend your clinic & have supplied all the necessary paperwork) depending on:

1) the regularity of clinic times in the area in which you live - some areas may only have clinics one or two days a week during certain hours.

2) some areas in Dublin don't have a walk-in clinic so you need to make an appointment. If this applies to your area you'll find out when you go about making the appointment how long your initial delay will be.

3) whether or not you attend the clinic without all the necessary paperwork - this would hold up any claim until you submit what's missing.

For number 3 above the very least you'd need to show up with is

- photo ID (passport/driver's licence/public services card)
    - proof of address (recent utility bill in your name)
    - 6 months bank statements
    - any correspondence you've received from DSP regarding your JSA application.
    - any additional documentation that you feel you may need ( depending on what, if anything, you've filled in on your application form)

Have a look at the appliction form which will give you an idea of what details you will need to fill in: http://www.welfare.ie/en/pdf/swa1.pdf

You can find your local clinic here: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/otheroffice/community-welfare-office-contact.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5 123question

Thank you so much you have been very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Thank you so much you have been very helpful.
    No problem, hope you get things sorted out soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement