Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC - Law?

Options
  • 23-07-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I will be doing my Leaving Cert exams and I'm thinking about what I'd like to do afterwards. I hope to do International Law, but would like some advice. Hopefully someone can help me because I'm very interested but I'd love to know more.

-What is it like to study law at UCC?
    - What type of work is involved? (is the work stressful?)
    - What do you do on a daily basis
    - What is the examination of material you learn like?
    - What are the lecturers and lectures like? Are they helpful
    - Is it very difficult or doable if you put in hard work?
    - Is it interesting?
    - Is it a bad idea for someone who struggles with public speaking?
    - What is the international year like or the work placement?
    - Is there summer placements and what are they like?
    - What are the job prospects like after?
    - What could I do with the degree?

I know it is a lot of questions I just want to make sure if the course is something I want to do! i'd love to do this course so any information would be helpful! (:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

In straight Law there are very few lectures per week and the intention is that much of your time would be spent reading cases and material on the reading list. With International Law there is a year of Erasmus (3rd Year, I think). It's very difficult to say whether the work is stressful or not, as that all depends on the exact field you branch into an the exact work environment you end up in.

Advertisement