Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checkout my Magpie soloution

Options
  • 23-07-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭

Hi checkout my magpie soloution, you will see Starlings, Robins,Sparrows, Bullfinch couple,
    Bluetits, Gold finches and maybe more.

Starlings find it reasonably easy to enter but seem to forget how to get back out! But none have got trapped they sometimes just have a little panic attack, but back in again in 5 min.

Camera view here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

And why is it that Dora only keeps the magpies away?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I get Herring Gulls dropping into the garden to feed, but only when I put out meat or fish. Interestingly, they won't land until one of the local Magpies has dropped in first. They always wait up on the roof tops until a Magpie has tested the lie of the land for them! So Magpies have their uses;)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

outside my garden gulls and rooks wait until starlings arrive before coming down for scraps

Advertisement