Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M8S Andriod Box

Options
  • 23-07-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a M8S box
    2ghz quad core
    2 gb ram
    8gb storage
    fully loaded
    Dont know much about these boxes ,any good and whats fully loaded?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Cant discuss what fully loaded is. just look back on other threads that people have posted in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Used all the different android boxes, since I started using the Pipo x7 there's no going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dancey

Fully loaded means your box comes fully loaded with a programme called kodi which is the main server for all your channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I bought one of these to replace a WD TV Live device that has been giving me a lot of trouble lately.
    Apart from the occasional Netflix binge, I usually like to play my own recordings, off an external USB drive. Unless I'm missing something, the M8S is woefully unsuitable for this purpose. The pre-loaded movie player lacks codecs, it wasn't able to play videos I created with Handbrake.

After installing VLC, I was able to play those videos, but going from one episode to the next is work. The included media remote has no media control buttons! I guess I wouldn't be complaining if I played full length movies, but, to watch Friends, I have to put in more work than if I popped the DVDs into the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

JoyPad wrote: »
    I bought one of these to replace a WD TV Live device that has been giving me a lot of trouble lately.
    Apart from the occasional Netflix binge, I usually like to play my own recordings, off an external USB drive. Unless I'm missing something, the M8S is woefully unsuitable for this purpose. The pre-loaded movie player lacks codecs, it wasn't able to play videos I created with Handbrake.

After installing VLC, I was able to play those videos, but going from one episode to the next is work. The included media remote has no media control buttons! I guess I wouldn't be complaining if I played full length movies, but, to watch Friends, I have to put in more work than if I popped the DVDs into the player.

Can you play them through Kodi ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

JoyPad wrote: »

You need to establish what version of Kodi you are using and how to play your external files via Kodi. Kodi as a media player is a cracking piece of kit.

Advertisement