Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical science in the UK

Options
  • 23-07-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone has been through this before and can advise me. I have almost gained membership to the AMLS after doing a BSc in microbiology, a MSc (UK accredited), graduate certificate modules from Coleraine and my logbook now I'm just waiting for the final assessment. My plan is to move to the UK. Does anyone know if you can easily join the IBMS if you are approved by the AMLS? How long does this process take? Do I apply to the IBMS first or the HCPC? Also does anyone have any recommendations for agencies in the north east? I've found a few on google but most jobs they advertise require a year or 2 of experience. I'll only have 6 months or so experience by the time I'm planning to move by the end of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

I've no experience of it but membership of the ACSLM is not equal to 'licentiate' (membership) of the IBMS. You may have to go through a similar process to join the IBMS.
    To work and call yourself a medical scientist in the UK you must register as one with the HCPC. They have a specific pathway for non UK qualified people. Joining the IBMS is technically voluntary but they are the ones who run the courses required for you to progress up the career ladder.

Advertisement