Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in Itchy Insect Bites

Options
  • 23-07-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Anybody else out there getting bitten more this summer than usual? Have the midges upped their game or have a new species of mozzie ventured over to our damp little isle?

I seem to be suffering a lot this year from the type of bites I would only expect to encounter when abroad in warmer climes. A few I'm definitely putting down to midges, although they have never caused that reaction before in me, they are the prime candidate.

I have also been suffering quite a bit over the past week from mosquito-esque/hive like bites. I'm perplexed as to what has caused them although I have been looking after my parent's dog while they are on hols, he does seem to be scratching quite a bit! However, i'm not sure if dog fleas can cause this kind of reaction in humans! :confused:

As a side note, I had a bad reaction to bed bug bites last year so I don't know if this now means I've developed an allergy to all blood sucking insects :(

Arrrrghhh, damn insects! Why do u torment me?? Vent here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sounds like dog flea bites.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Sounds like dog flea bites.

After doing a quick bit of Internet research I'm inclined to agree. Although most of the images on google show clusters of bites whereas I have individually isolated ones. Ah well, guess the fleas just weren't that thirsty.

Advertisement