Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship facilitating getting dole

Options
  • 23-07-2015 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all. I just have a question regarding claiming the dole while interning. I work somewhere where young graduates with good degrees and even masters are classed as interns. But they work over 40 hours a week and the work they do is proper work. Maybe for the 1st month it could be deemed learning but after 9 it is just ridiculous.

The firm pays these you graduates 100 per week and then facilitates them to collect the dole.

I want to know how to go about anonomously reporting this. I don't want the interns getting into trouble for but the firm for taking advantage. They can well afford to pay the interns but won't. Yet expect the interns to stay back til 7 or 8pm if work needs to be done.

What can be done? Thank you for help :)

Comments

Advertisement