Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good offer?

Options
  • 23-07-2015 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,995 ✭✭✭✭

I just received an e-mail from mlb.tv. $39.99 for 'mlb.tv premium' for the rest of the season. If the @#@#$@#$@# Mets hadn't blown yesterday's lead in Washington, I was seriously thinking of adding either radio, or TV.

My internet here in West Kerry isn't bad, but depending on time of day it can be pretty slow.

So, those of you that have mlb.tv, how good is it? I believe there's an archive feature, so I could watch games the next day? I can think that would be something I'd use a lot, since most games start after midnight local time.

The Mets only have a dozen games remaining that I would watch in real time, that is, afternoon games. Playoffs (deux willing) I think are all night games, so that'd be a challenge.

Thanks for recommendations pro/con.

Igotadose in Dingle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If you have decent or even semi decent internet I'd definitely sign up if I was you. I've had it now for a few years and wouldn't do without it now. You can watch any game on delay, even going back to the start of the season. And there are days games on a few days a week so you'll get to see someone play, even if it isn't the Mets (might even be a team that can get a hit when there's a runner in scoring position!).

I've had NFL's Gamepass in the past as well and it's miles ahead in terms of reliability. Although you don't get the MLB Network like you get NFL Network with that. But that's the only downer. It really is a great service.

And don't worry about the night games in the playoffs, the Mets won't be playing in October!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Also just to note you might have to commit to signing up to pay full price subscription for next year to avail of this offer.

Although as jack presley just said its worth every penny.

I would be lost without my subscription, I usually come home from work and watch the previous nights game :D

Advertisement