Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking For a Second-hand Car That Doesn't Look Like a Bubble!!!

Options
  • 22-07-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys,

I love the old square/angular/muscle car styling, think Volkswagen Jetta (MK3 and before) and Mercedes S-Class (MK3 and before).

Unfortunately, most of these cars have massive engines (expensive insurance for a 25/m) and are all pretty old (expensive for repairs).

Anyone know of a modern car that might be easier to maintain that doesn't have all that round/bubble/space car look?

Thanks for ye're help ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

Skoda Octavia?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

VW Golf, shape hasn't really changed much in decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lickiring

eagerv wrote: »
    Skoda Octavia?

Your right, the Mark1 (96-04) is a bit on the blocky side alright :)
    bazz26 wrote: »
    VW Golf, shape hasn't really changed much in decades.

Cheers for the suggestion, I think I'm set on a saloon though. Jetta would be amazing....but again old and expensive to maintain!!

Volvo S60 or Saab 9-5?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lickiring

bazz26 wrote: »
    Volvo S60 or Saab 9-5?

The Saab 9-5 looks particularly awesome and I think all the older executive cars tick all the boxes for me, except for the 2L engines....which makes me realistically/financially un-insurable as a 25 year old male.

Maybe I'l just have to wait until I increase that no-claims bonus or until manufacturers change their style :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

MK2 Focus Saloon ?

Most of the stuff you are looking for is going to be old though.

Advertisement