Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling package holiday after paying €1 deposit

Options
  • 22-07-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Last week I booked a package holiday for the family and put down deposit of €1 each. Low deposit has been widely advertised as something appealing to the consumer.I booked from the aer lingus website but the booking agent is clickandgo. Unfortunately there has been a change in circumstances and I know we will not to able to travel as hoped. The trip was booked for December. When I contacted clickandgo to cancel I met with a lot of hostility. The agent was difficult to say the least. He said I was still liable for the non-refundable cost of the flights. As I did not even fund the flights yet this makes no sense. He told me I could sell on the flights or reschedule them but when I looked on the aerlingus website it clearly states that you cannot make changes to a booking made by an agent. Why would I pay the balance of the flight cost?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ask in the consumer issues forum then:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AntAunt

I don't think anyone would. If they get even more difficult, ask them to show you a contract where you're legally obliged to pay. Somehow doubt they'll have one. Typical pushy sales tactic to get angry and guilt you into paying something when you've no legal obligation to do so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

OP has found the relevant forum.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement