Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for hi-tech Hi-Fi solution. Confused.

Options
  • 22-07-2015 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently we moved house and I'm looking to get a nice, decent but not outrageously expensive Hi-Fi setup.

Apart from a tuner and CD player of course the other main things I would be looking for is connectivity to different services. USB and internet radio would be very important and the ability to play from NAS, Spotify would be good too.

I can't figure out though if I want to go for something similar to a Denon Ceol setup or maybe go for a multi-room setup and get something like Sonos or Denon Heos.

Looking up sites like What Hifi can be very confusing with so much choice so any opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Hi,

Recently we moved house and I'm looking to get a nice, decent but not outrageously expensive Hi-Fi setup.

Apart from a tuner and CD player of course the other main things I would be looking for is connectivity to different services. USB and internet radio would be very important and the ability to play from NAS, Spotify would be good too.

I can't figure out though if I want to go for something similar to a Denon Ceol setup or maybe go for a multi-room setup and get something like Sonos or Denon Heos.

Looking up sites like What Hifi can be very confusing with so much choice so any opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sonos / Heos etc are pure multi room, but does require two of each speaker to make stereo ie two Play 1's ( Sonos smallest speaker)

If you go multiroom the Ceol becomes redundant and a waist of €500 & speakers ( it's also a lacking amp imo )
    The question you need to ask : Will I bother with a CD player when I can stream from digital library (Spotify, Tidal etc) and have my CD collection on a NAS drive?

What they are not however is "Hifi", a good Hifi would trounce most network enabled players but they are amazingly versatile for what they are.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

I'd have a look at 'Tir na Hi-Fi' if I were you :)

Advertisement