Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get part-time lecturing job

Options
  • 22-07-2015 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm currently a Chartered Accountants, undertook a degree in Business & Accounting and a Masters in Accounting prior to sitting my Chartered exams.

I really want to get into the field of lecturing, I currently give Leaving Cert grinds & love helping people learn.

How do I go about getting part-time hours in an Institute of Technology? My closest one would be Dundalk. I don't see any vacancies advertised on their website. Is there any websites I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

skmck wrote: »
    How do I go about getting part-time hours in an Institute of Technology? My closest one would be Dundalk. I don't see any vacancies advertised on their website. Is there any websites I should be looking at?

Yes, keep an eye out on their website, plus publicjobs.ie. Some also advertise on irishjobs.ie. And crazy idea - the Irish Times on a Friday.

The best time is towards the end of August/early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Make friends with some of the current lecturers. Offer to supervise projects for their undergraduates/organise work experience. Find a project you need to collaborate on. None of these things will pay you but you will be lined up to do lectures when they need someone. This method worked for me! Good luck.

Advertisement